FARMERS’LAB is a project, funded by the Veneto RDP 2014-2020, and developed by an EIP AGRI Operational Group consisting of the following organisations:
• CIA - Agricoltori Italiani di Padova (CIA - Italian Farmers Syndicate of Padua)
• CIPAT - Centro Istruzione Professionale e Assistenza Tecnica del Veneto (CIPAT - Veneto Region training services for farmers)
• Confesercenti del Veneto Centrale (Restaurant and Shopkeepers Association based in Padua)
• Future Food Institute Trust (Knowledge partner based in Bologna)
• Galileo Visionary District (Technology Park of Padua)
• Nerosubianco srl (Innovation broker based in Venice)
• UNIS&F / EUROISA (European Institute of Sensory Analysis based in Treviso)
Development project on Collective Farmers' Labs for vegetable and fruits valorisation
Objective of the project:
The purpose of the FARMERS LAB project is to grow market access and build economic sustainability for farms producers of vegetables and fruits, increasing access to healthy local food and reducing the environmental impact of the food supply chain. Starting from the idea of creation of Collective Farmers' Labs for vegetable and fruits valorisation, FARMERS LAB will deliver a new business model placing value on innovation in production processes, marketing, food packaging, logistics for the food supply chain to enhance farmers revenues and respecting the consumers trends and local social needs.
Description of activities:
The purpose of the FARMERS LAB project is to grow market access and build economic sustainability for farms producers of vegetables and fruits, starting from the idea of creation of shared Farmers' Labs for vegetable and fruits Valorisation, from the transformation to the commercialisation, the project activities will include:
- Sensory Analysis to Suggest suitable product placement in the marketplace.
- Mapping of the local community of small producers of fruits and vegetables.
- Food innovation competition named Agri-hackathon to activate the local agri-food ecosystem to identify the best options for the creation of future Farmers' Labs.
- Food design research to define guidelines to build up and to manage a Farmers' Lab.
- A business model and Project work based on market trends, different technology solutions and a matrix map approach for financial sustainability.
Contact person: Riccardo Varotto, innovation broker, Nerosubianco srl - Viale Garibaldi 46/B - 30173 Venezia (Italy) E-mail contact: email@example.com