- Sector: Metal alloys
- Location: Veneto
- Production: Important producer of noble alloys worldwide
- Strengths: Innovative company and strong R&D attitude
- Explore the additive manufacturing world
- Identify business opportunities based on the use of additive manufacturing
The client company requested the intervention of NeroSuBianco to investigate the potential of additive manufacturing in sectors other than those usually approached.
The need arises from the possibility of making greater use of one’s 3D printing laboratory, however, expanding the type of materials and products treated.
NeroSuBianco has started scouting and analyzing business opportunities by first activating its network of research and development centers specialized in additive printing.
This first phase, typical of our scouting service, allows us to collect numerous views that mirror different centers’ technical skills, and the various market demands to which these centers must respond. The meetings allowed the client company to skim the selected sectors list by targeting some of them and eliminate others.
A second round, on the other hand, was done with companies that – theoretically – could represent the ideal target of the client company. This step was also essential to further filter what the market is asking for today and what it can ask for in the next 12-24 months.
At the end of the intervention, which lasted just over two months, the client company had a technology roadmap:
- a precise list of very promising sectors and
- a short-list of potential technological and industrial partners to immediately start a cooperation with.